Camden Council proposes to allow two-way cycling in Princess Road. This will be supported by
• to replace the existing ‘No Entry’ signs at the Chalcot Road junction with the no motorised vehicle signage;
• to introduce cycle logos along Princess Road between Chalcot Road and Regent’s Park Road;
• to widen the entry point at the Regent’s Park Road end to accommodate southbound cyclists;
• to build a raised entry table at the Regent’s Park Road end; and
• to replace the existing ‘One-way Traffic’ sign at the Regent’s Park Road end with signs permitting
CCC is very pleased that Camden Council is consulting on two-way cycling in Princess Road. The ability to cycle southbound as well as northbound should simplify and shorten routes in this area, for example into Regents Park, on to the canal towpath and to Regents Park Road.
We are pleased with the plan to widen and raise the entry point at Regents Park Road so as to allow plenty of room for contraflow cyclists to come out. Apart from that, we are happy with the lightweight treatment (signs at entry and exit and logos on the road).