The preamble describes a “Vision” for this as part of a larger scheme for the Farringdon Area:
– improved streets for walking & cycling
– clearer and easier access to move through the area on foot, cycle or public transport
– safe, attractive and less cluttered streets
– a better place to live, work and do business.
The current set of proposals are related to bus reliability and pedestrian safety. They include the following:
On Clerkenwell Road
Long stretches of double yellow lines with loading restrictions
between Rosebery Avenue and Laystall Street
and between Hatton Garden and Saffron Hill:
On Hatton Garden
– Raised zebra crossings at St Cross Street and Greville Street with a standard layout that involves build outs to leave a 9m wide crossing. See
– Carriageway cycle parking in St Cross Street and Greville, Street
Not mentioned in the consultation:
The removal of parking and loading are a very useful first step towards the eventual implementation of space for cycling e.g. stepped tracks in Clerkenwell Road.
Zebra Crossing Design