Hop on your bike for an evening at Kew.
Join us to celebrate midsummer with a magical evening bike ride. Bicycles aren’t usually allowed in the Gardens so this is a unique opportunity for you to bring your bike and explore Kew’s most beautiful spots from a new perspective.
Enjoy your evening at Kew as you and your friends and family leisurely explore the Gardens by bike. Take in the enchanted woodlands and beautiful blooms; stop for a picnic or summer drink and listen to live music; smell the aroma of the rose garden as the sun begins to set. Our Botanic Gardens come alive on two wheels for one night only.
Food and drink
The newly opened Pavilion Bar and Grill will be open for meals and snacks, or treat yourself to an ice cream or picnic for the evening.
Enjoy our roving musicians throughout the evening. Enjoy live performances from acoustic bands to songwriting musicians, who will you find around the next bend?
- You must bring your own bicycle – entry will not be allowed for anyone without a bike (including children)
- This is not a race in any format, it is an event for leisure and strict speed limit (no faster than a jogging pace) must be adhered to for the comfort and enjoyment of everyone
- Standard bikes and accessibility bikes only – no balance bikes, scooters or power assisted bikes
- All children over 4 on bikes must be able to able to ride independently without aid from an adult
- No adult may accompany more than four children. This adult is fully responsible for these children for the duration of the event
- Adults wishing to bring along children under 4 years may do so providing they are secured in a BS standard child seat or trailer
- Please stick to the designated paths and do not cycle on the grass
- All riders must ensure that their cycles are in a roadworthy condition, the organiser’s decision shall be final as to whether a cycle is of an appropriate type or condition to be used
- Cycling is a physical activity and can be strenuous. Riders should be in good health and any rider who has a doubt about their health or fitness, or who has a medical condition or injury that could be affected by exercise (particularly a heart condition or pregnancy), should consult their doctor before participating. No-one should participate in a ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs (complying with the Road Traffic Act 1988)
- Please note that no glasshouses will be open during the event
Summer Cycle | Kew (Thursday evening 20th June 2019)
Hop on your bike for an evening at Kew. Join us to celebrate midsummer with a magical evening bike ride. Bicycles aren’t usually allowed in the Gardens so this is a unique opportunity for you to bring your bike and explore Kew’s most beautiful spots from a new perspective. Enjoy your evening at Kew as… [Read More]