The £1bn Silvertown Tunnel scheme is due to be confirmed and contracts awarded in August, despite Climate Emergency declarations from both City Hall and Greenwich Council. Join Speak Out Woolwich, Greenwich Living Streets, Extinction Rebellion Greenwich & Stop the Silvertown Tunnel Coalition for a public meeting to discuss the likely impact of the Silvertown Tunnel on Woolwich and the wider area.
- Jenny Bates Air Pollution Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
- Izzy Hickmet Vice-Chair Greenwich Momentum
- Simon Pirani Plumstead resident and author of Burning Up, A Global History of Fossil Fuel Consumption
- Caroline Russell Chair of Environment Committee, GLA
- Daisy Wyatt Greenwich resident, Co-ordinator of Extinction Rebellion Youth London South East.
Stop the Silvertown Tunnel Coalition spokesperson Victoria Rance will also lead a Question and Answer session.