Camden Council offers free safer cycling training for adults and children. Courses
- Children and young people of 10 years and over:
- introduction to safer skills cycling
- Off-road training, leading to the National Cycling Proficiency Certificate
- follow up training on the road – dealing with traffic
- learn to ride a bike
- playground based confidence sessions
- on road training
- Experienced cyclists
- free cycling assessment, training as well as journey planning and safety tips.
- statistics for London show experienced cyclist are not immune from serious injury on the road.
- Children younger than 10 years:We can supply safer cycling information
and advice for parents/carers and we do occasionally organise
combined training for adults and younger children (6-9 years). If
you would like to now more about these sessions please ask.
For more information or to book a session please contact Richard Riddle of Camden’s Public Safety Team
by phone on 020 7974 5071.
Or visit Camden council’s: Website
Cycle Training UK
- Want to learn to ride a bike, but don’t know how to start?
- Know how to cycle but afraid of traffic?
- Would you like your child to learn to ride safely and effectively?
- Would you like to learn how to assist your child as they practice cycling?
- Want to be accompanied the first time you try riding to work?
A new company is providing professional on-road cycle training to adults and children across London.
For details ring 020 7231 6005, or see their website Cycle Training UK
London School of Cycling
Since the LSC was set up in 1992 it has helped hundreds of adults get started on two wheels and enabled many to begin sharing roads with other traffic in safety and comfort. For more information and bookings ring 020 8801 8628 or email@example.com. Also see LSC’s website