Date: Sunday 22 September 2019
Time: 10:30am to 5:00pm
Cost: Free – no tickets required
London’s biggest ever Car Free Day celebration will take place on 20km of traffic-free roads around Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the City of London (see map). Free entertainment and fun activities will include:
- cycling opportunities like e-bike rides and spinning activities
- exercise and fitness activities including a BMX and skate ramp and pop-up playgrounds
- guided walking routes and treasure hunts around the City of London and Southwark
- live entertainment for all ages including roaming performers
- children’s activities, arts and crafts marquees, a storytelling stage and a themed school sports day
Across Greater London there will also be over 200 Play Streets which will be closed to traffic allowing children to play and communities to get together. To apply for a Play Street in your community, get in touch with your borough council.
The event supports the Mayor’s work to enable more Londoners to cycle, walk and use public transport to help improve health and reduce car emissions.
Keep an eye on this page for further information, and for future updates on Reimagine, action on air quality and other important initiatives.