Minutes of CCC business meeting 8th November 2004
Present: Jane Boardman, Stefano Casalotti (chair), Jean Dollimore (minutes), Paul Gasson, Helen Vecht.
Apologies: David Arditti, James Brander, Andrew Conway, John Chamberlain, Paul Gannon, Daniel Glaser, Meade McCloughan.
Somers Town update
- Paul Gasson reported: Julian Coutts (legal expert at Camden council) is in process of dealing with ringleader.
- Susan Close ( chair/SSPWPCG) who has been active in getting occasional cycle police in the area is working on the problem.
- Local councillors Roger Robinson and Sybil Shine as well as Julian Fulbrook have been active in demanding action from the council. Although they are prepared to use the law on the ringleaders, they want to tackle the root cause.
- Julian Cootes has asked CCC to produce a statement on the impact on cyclists. The meeting agreed to making a statement.
- Paul will draft it and send it to the CCC mailing list to get member support.
- Stefano has had a reply (from an assistant) to his letter to Cllr Anna Stewart of the Community Safety Team.
- Jean to put contact information in the newsletter
- Jean and Stefano to prepare a web page giving summary of current state and contact information.
CRISPS and CRIMS where next?
- Stefano reported that he and Jean are going to meet Oliver Schick next week. Jean to arrange a date and contact John and Meade.
Report on the October meeting with Dave Stewart
Jean reported some salient points from James’ report of a long meeting. Committee members are asked to read James’ report, which is on this web site at: Apolitical meeting Oct 04
- Haverstock Hill, Prince of Wales Road/Maitland Park Road. Dave reported that following a site visit with Nick Harding and two councillors , he will have to remove the northern toucan and revert to the original plan agreed at consultation. Jean to confirm names of councillors (they are Jill Fraser and Roy Shaw).
- Consultations. Dave suggests that for consultations with matters crucial to cycling, he should be copied with our response and the officer concerned asked to
check this design with Dave Stewart for his view.
- Malet Street. Dave has asked CCC to make some suggestions as to how to make a sensible crossing from the SSL into Malet Street. Members will be invited to provide ideas for improving this junction on the CCC mailing list.
Link 27 – appoint a team to look into route
- Jean will do this by email as time ran out.
Speakers for Feb/April meeting
- Stefano has drawn a blank with Roger Macket at UCL, but will now invite John Adams from UCL geography department, whose field is risk compensation.
Plans for Christmas party (13 Dec)
- Jane reported that people who responded to her query on where to hold the party are in favour of the community centre.
- Jane will order £25 worth of the usual excellent Indian food (Stefano may collect). Members will be invited to bring own drinks, but food provided. Stefano may organise a quiz but this will not be announced.
Minutes of CCC members meeting 8th November 2004
Present: as above plus George Coulouris, Martin Fahey, Alex McKinnell, Pauline McKinnell and Colin Murphy.
Apologies: Mayer Hillman.
Somers Town update
Stefano summarised the discussion held earlier. Colin said he supported CCC making a statement and didn’t believe that we would be associated with it.
Patrick Field of the London School of Cycling
An exit strategy for the 20th Century
This very stimulating talk and the discussion that followed will be outlined later as a news item on the website.