Last May we were advised as to details of the closure of Pancras Road to allow for the transfer of a gas holder. See Pancras Road southbound closure Feb-Aug 2011. There will be a follow up closure to enable the work to be completed in the new year. We have the following details from Andrew Helyer:
- Pancras Road will be opened on the 22nd October northbound again and the arrangement will allow cyclists enough space to proceed southbound again as before.
- Unfortunately LB Camden will need to reinstate the full closure again from January to March 2012. During this period you may experience some difficulties although we will try and accommodate as much as possible of your suggestion (we could ride down the part north of the coach road and then get past the barrier).
- I am slightly concerned about pedestrian safety though because cyclists end up squeezing into narrow areas with pedestrian presence.
- Kings Boulevard is open for pedestrians and cyclists. This route now takes a lot of cyclists and pedestrian traffic away from Pancras Road. (cyclists from the east can use Goodsway westbound and then turn down Kings Boulevard to avoid the tricky part of Pancras Road).
- Goods Way will be open in both directions later on this year although some of the pavement on one side will be out of action for a little while longer. 2 way traffic will be returned. The planned opening is the end of November. (This will enable eastbound cyclists to use Kings Boulevard to access Goodsway)