Camden is consulting on changes that originate from a desire to remove through motor traffic from Anglers Lane.
This rat-running motor traffic comes from the west via Prince of Wales Road (PoW) and is headed north up Kentish Town Road (KTR). Camden says that this traffic should remain on Prince of Wales Road and use a newly instated left turn into Kentish Town Road.
1. Introduce new left turn from PoW into KTR, remove the feeder lane on PoW and remove the pedestrian crossing over KTR north of this junction.
2. Move existing pedestrian crossing further south (from outside Lidl to outside Tesco Express)
3. Relocate some pay by phone bays
4. Make Anglers Lane one way southbound between Alma Street and Willes Road. Cyclists will be able to travel both ways.
The section between Raglan Street and Alma Street will be retained two way for motor traffic.
5. Close Anglers Lane between Kentish Town Road and Raglan Street to motor traffic. This will allow for the narrow footway on the south side to be widened. Cycle access will be allowed in both directions.
In the future we will be consulting on allowing cycle access into Gaisford Road from Kentish Town Road.
See the consultation on Camden’s website:
Officer’s report and decision to go ahead
16 Dec 2020