Camden Council installed Pop-up esatbound cycle lanes on Prince of Wales Road last summer. The westbound cycle track is already permanent.
They are now consulting on proposals to make these and associated changes permanent.
The proposals include:
- Replacing the temporary ‘kerb and wand’ segregation with a new raised stepped cycle track
- Adding new stepped cycle track in the missing sections: between Haverstock Hill and Queen’s Crescent and between Talacre Gardens and the east side of the railway bridge
- Improvements to the Prince of Wales Road/Grafton Road/Castlehaven Road junction. Dedicated cycle signal westbound and eastbound on Prince of Wales Road. And cycle gatye on Castlehaven Road.
- Retaining the shared-use bus stop borders at the bus stops between Queens Crescent and Malden Road and the bus stop bypass at Talacre Gardens.
- Retaining the two Tiger crossings and adding a new one at the junction with Healey Street/Ryland Road
- Adding blue cycle lane surfacing across side roads and junctions (including Malden Road).
- New trees, benches and cycle stands
Note that there is no mention of moving the very inappropriately placed shared-use bus stop border opposite Crogsland Road.
Consultation on Camden’s website