Petition Stop the Arundel Bypass – Save Arundel’s Countryside – ipetitions.com
Please sign our Petition to Save Arundel’s Countryside by rejecting National Highways’ Grey Route for the A27 Arundel Bypass and preferring the Arundel Alternative.
• RECOMMEND that another option, less damaging to countryside and villages, should be preferred by the Department for Transport: the Arundel Alternative, a short, wide-single carriageway bypass. The Arundel Alternative provides all we need to keep traffic sufficiently moving – and it doesn’t cost the earth. Reasons:
• The Grey route, Highways England’s fourth attempt at a long new Preferred Route for the A27 around Arundel, is disproportionately expensive and damaging.
• The 8km dual new Grey Route will cause local species extinctions, wreck local rural communities, and make the climate and environment emergency worse.
• The Arundel Alternative is affordable and supported by the environmental organizations
• I care about future generations, species loss and climate change