Camden Council proposes the following measures:
- Ban through traffic (except for cycles and emergency vehicles) on Phoenix Road between Chalton Street and Werrington Street using bollards, planters and signs.
- Widen the footway in the western and eastern sections of Phoenix Road to provide space for new planting (retaining 2-way vehicle access).
- Ban through-traffic on Ossulston Street (north) at the junction with Phoenix Road, with exemptions for cyclists, emergency vehicles and waste collection vehicles.
The existing banned turns, previously implemented by TfL on Euston Road, are to remain:
- No entry from Euston Road into Ossulston Street (exiting traffic must turn left)
- No right turn from Euston Road into Chalton Street (exiting traffic must turn left)
These proposals will reduce the motor traffic on the Somerstown cycle route on Ossulston Street as well as improve the signed walking route from St Pancras to Euston Station.
They are to be funded from HS2 to mitigate loss of open space.
Consultation on Camden’s website