Camden are consulting on installing a number of mobility hubs in Somers Town. Phase 1 would consist of three hubs on Goldington Crescent, Cranleigh Street and Charrington Street. These would include
- Shared e-cargo bikes (subject to finding someone to monitor and charge them)
- Cycle parking and storage with (potentially) bike maintenance stations
- e-bike and scooter parking
- Streetscape improvements including seating, drinking water, planting and rain gardens
- EV charging stations and car club bays
and would involve removing some visitor and residents’ parking bays.
Later phases are planned, see the Camden website.
This looks like a significant step in reducing car dominance of the streets and facilitating active travel modes and it would be good to see significant support.
Consultation on Camden’s website
Details, including plans and the consultation response form, are at https://consultations.wearecamden.org/supporting-communities/greenmobilityhubsphase1/
Some more background to Camden’s plans for mobility hubs is here
and here is a map showing the proposed locations (yellow dots) and future locations (green dots)