January 2024 Newsletter
from the local group of
London Cycling Campaign in Camden
In this month’s newsletter we have:
- Next CCC Meeting – 15th January
- School Streets Engagement – Belsize Lane & Lyndhurst Gardens
- Westminster Wheels, Cargo Bike Hangar Celebration Ride, 28th January
- The Joys of Cycle Touring, Slides from Talk by George Coulouris, Dec ’23
- 20’s Plenty Training on Making the case for 20mph – Weds 17th Jan
- FIT – Webinar: Positive Campaigning for Local Transport, 31st Jan
- Next Kentish Town Bike Workshop – 12th February
- Complimentary Cargo Bike Deliveries – Camden Town Unlimited
- School Streets South Event, Brixton – Landor LINKS, 29th Feb
Next CCC Meeting 15th Jan 2024
Online Zoom meeting from 7:30-9:00pm open to anyone interested in cycling in Camden.
Agenda Items to include:
- Contraflow on Harrington -Lidlington
- Replacement of flexible bollards with kerbs Oakley Sq East – Lidlington – Harrington / Stepped tracks on York Way south of Copenhagen Street
- School Streets summary for 2023
- New signage eg Grafton Road
Safer Junctions Campaign:
- C10 Euston Road
- Gordon Street
MORE CCC MEETING DETAILS
New School Streets Engagement
Two new school streets (green lines) were put in last July: for St Christopher’s School in Belsize Lane and Maria Montessori in Lyndhurst Gardens.
The school streets need extending so as to provide a link to the Haverstock Hill cycle route.
Camden is now asking for feedback via Commonplace;please use the link below to respond and for details.
SHARE YOUR VIEWS ON SCHOOL STREETS
Westminster Cargo Bike Hangar Celebration Ride
Celebration of Westminster City Council’s installing the first UK cargo/adapted cycle hangar
Sunday 28th January, 10am – 2pm
An all-ages and ability ride finishing at St John’s Wood Adventure Playground with BYO picnic and free cargo bike try out session. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Suitable & secure parking provision is a significant step toward removing a barrier for families and Disabled cyclists to opt to cycle some or all of their trips.
Organised by local residents, Joyriders, BromptonHaus, Westminster Wheels, CarryMe Bikes & St Johns Wood Adventure Playground
BOOK YOUR PLACE ON RIDE
The Joys of Cycle Touring – George Coulouris
The Joys of Cycle Touring – it’s easier than you might think, talk by George Coulouris
George gave an entertaining talk based on the trips that he and Jean have made over the years.
There followed discussion and other people’s experiences.
VIEW CYCLE TOURING SLIDES
Media Training: Make The Case for 20mph
Training on Making the case for 20mph. Weds 17th Jan 7pm, Zoom
Media skills on how to get your message across. Upskill by learning how to make a powerpoint presentation, video it, write a press release or answer a radio interview.
Andy Jefferson has made several videos:
Ian Conlan, Mayor of Malton:
- Media Trained on press releases and answering journalists/interviewers
PRE-REGISTER FOR 20MPH MEDIA TRAINING
FIT Webinar Positive Campaigning for Local Transport
The next FIT Webinar : Positive Campaigning for Local Transport, 31 January 2024 at 12:00 PM
Join them online (register at link below)
Presentations from Roxanne De Beaux at Camcycle (Cambridge Cycling Campaign) & Zuhura Plummer from Oxfordshire Liveable Streets.
Followed by panellists Roger Harrabin & Rebecca Willis to continue the conversation, chaired by FIT Trustee Mark Frost.
REGISTER FOR FIT WEBINAR
Kentish Town Bike Workshop 12th February 2024
Kentish Town Bike Workshops are normally held on the second Monday of each month – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Bring your bike to see one of our mechanics to check your bike and learn how to do any necessary repairs.
Kentish Town Health Centre
2 Bartholomew Road, NW5 2BX
MORE INFO ON KENTISH TOWN BIKE WORKSHOP
Complimentary Cargo Bike Deliveries
Camden Town Unlimited – Complimentary Cargo Bike Deliveries have partnered with XeroE to offer BID members access to 5 complimentary cargo bike deliveries whenever you need them.
Not only are the deliveries free they are also 100% emission-free.
GET FREE CARGO BIKE DELIVERIES
School Streets South Event
School Streets South, 29th February, Lambeth Town Hall
The number of School Streets in the UK has been rising steadily in recent years. In London there were just 76 School Streets in 2019 – there are nearly 600 schemes across nearly every London borough, with a quarter of primary schools now located on School Streets.
Landor LINKS is running this one-day event to showcase best practice and offer practical guidance. This conference will bring together professionals from a range of disciplines, including:
- Cllr Rezina Chowdhury, Cabinet Member for Sustainable Lambeth & Clean Air, LB Lambeth
- Stephanie Pathak, Strategy & Planning Manager, TfL
- Samuel Dillon, School Streets Officer, LB Lambeth
- Lucy Atkinson, Programme Manager, Urban Design & Engagement, Sustrans
SCHOOL STREETS EVENT DETAILS
Free Gift With LCC Membership
Camden Cyclists is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our members enable the work we do and receive a whole host of great benefits.
Join as a member today and choose from free lights, lock or a pump!*
Already a member? Refer a friend and you’ll both receive gifts.
*Offer applies to Individual and Household membership purchased via Direct Debit.
FIND OUT MORE
© London Cycling CampaignUnit 206 The Record Hall
16-16a Baldwins Gardens
LONDON, London EC1N 7RJ
If you’d like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here .