This consultation refers to the double junction of Goldhurst Terrace with Greencroft Gardens and Broadhurst Gardens.
This complex junction is composed of a collection of one-way motor traffic runs:
– westbound traffic runs from Finchley Road along Goldhurst Terrace
– some of which then turns right onto Broadhurst Gardens.
– the remainder continues in a SSW direction on Goldhurst Terrace towards South Hampstead
– Greencroft Gardens has one-way NE bound motor traffic up to the junction with Broadhurst Gardens.
and contraflow cycling accessed via the (lower) junction of Goldhurst Terrace.
The proposals are
– to introduce raised tables at four informal pedestrian crossings
– to widen footway at three of the crossings
BUT (unusually) Camden Council has forgotten Cycling (which isn’t mentioned)
This consultation totally ignores the existing arrangements for cycling into Greencroft Gardens from Goldhurst Terrace. See the photo.
The proposal for this junction is to narrow the road to 3.4 m while Camden states that you need a minimum of 4m for contaflow cycling.
See consultation on Camden’s website at: