The proposals for the Camden Square LTN and the C50 cycle route were consulted on in Feb 2021 and the decision to go ahead as a trial scheme was made in August 2021. See our info on the original consultation. The filters were completed by December that year and the C50 cycle route was completed in Summer 2022. Here’s our post about the new route.
In addition to making the scheme permanent, this consultation proposes the following enhancements:
- A new design to replace the current diagonal filter on Murray Street at Camden Square southeast. Drawing here.
- On C50 replace the wand-protected lanes with stepped tracks; at the junction with Royal College Street, replace the ‘KEEP CLEAR’ with a yellow box; continuous footways across junctions; and other changes to give priority to the C50 route (as it passes Cantelowes Road and Rochester Square). Drawing here.
- Introduce a parallel crossing (Tiger) over Agar Grove between Murray Street and the Agar-Camley link; this is to be sited on a long raised table with a second zebra crossing at the eastern end.
- Six new bike hangars, Santander docking station, bike stands.
- Greening to include: the area around the cycle route through from Stratford Villas to Agar Grove which is to have new plants, seating and trees; a planted area in Rousden Street and many new trees throughout.
Consultation on Camden’s website